News forum

Picture of Mario Pérez-Montoro
Welcome!!!
by Mario Pérez-Montoro - Monday, 28 June 2010, 4:02 PM

Dear colleagues,

First of all, I want to introduce myself. My mane is Mario Pérez-Montoro and I will be your professor for this course of Information Architecture.

I have a PhD in Philosophy and Education from the University of Barcelona and a Master in Information Management and Systems from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.

I have been a researcher in the Department of Logic, History and Philosophy of Science at the University of Barcelona, I studied at the Istituto di Discipline della Comunicazione at the University of Bologna (Italy) and I have been a visiting scholar at the Center for the Study of Language and Information (CSLI) at Stanford University (California, USA).

I’ve also carried out teaching and research work as professor in the Department of Logic and the Philosophy of Science at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Complutense University of Madrid, Spain), as professor in the Department of Information and Communication Sciences at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Open University of Catalonia, Spain), as professor of the Faculty of Communication Science of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain), and as research member of the Observatory of Scientific Communication's Special Research Center in the Department of Journalism and Audiovisual Communication at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Pompeu Fabra University) in Barcelona (Spain).

I am currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Information Science at the University of Barcelona.

My work has focussed on some of the diverse aspects (conceptual, semantic, epistemological, and pragmatic) related to the subject of Information Science and Knowledge Management. In these areas I’ve published approximately thirty works, the best known of which are Information Architecture in web environments (Arquitectura de la Información en entornos web; Trea, 2010), The Phenomenon of Information (Scarecrow Press, 2007) and Knowledge Management in Organizations (Gestión del Conocimiento en las Organizaciones; Trea, 2008).

This is my introduction. May you introduce yourself to the forum’s course?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mario Pérez-Montoro